In this easy Cricut project for beginners, I’m sharing how to make some Unicorn hair clips. This hair clip tutorial comes with a FREE SVG file. You can make these hair clips to sell at craft shows too.
Hello, Cricut Buddies and welcome to Ninja Jav Crafts! Today, we’ll be working on a really quick and easy Cricut beginner project using felt and my most favorite material – glitter faux leather.
Through this project, you’ll learn how to cut out felt and faux leather using your Cricut Maker.
Okay, let’s get started!
How to Make Unicorn Hair Clips Using Cricut
Let’s get started with the Unicorn hair clips tutorial using Cricut Maker. But first, here’s some important Affiliate info.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Ninja Jav Crafts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Techniques Covered in Unicorn Hair Clips Tutorial
In this tutorial you will learn the following important techniques:
- How to cut glitter faux leather and felt using Cricut.
Now, let’s look at the list of supplies.
Supplies needed for Unicorn Hair Clips Tutorial
- Cricut Maker/Cricut Explore
- Standard Grip Cutting Mat
- Essential Tools Set
- Felt or Glitter Faux Leather
- Hot glue gun
- Hair clips
- Free SVG for Unicorn hair clips – can be grabbed by signing up for the VIP list below.
IMPORTANT TIP: If you’re not using the cardstock purchased from Cricut, before you start your project, do a test cut with the cardstock first to see which material setting works best because the materials differ based on the manufacturer. Also, the material settings listed on the Cricut Design Space app is for the materials sold by Cricut and might not work for other materials.
Step-by-step Tutorial for Making Your Own Unicorn Hair Clips
Here’s a summary of the steps involved in making your own Unicorn hair clips with Cricut.
- Sign up for the FREE SVG library.
- Download the FREE Unicorn hair clips SVG file
- Upload the file on Design Space.
- Prepare your mat by placing the faux leather GLITTER SIDE UP.
- Load your mat and make the cut!
- Assemble the Unicorn by attaching the wings and the back and front together with the glue.
- Attach the finished Unicorns to the hair clips.
How to Use Unicorn Hair Clips?
Here are a bunch of ideas on how you can use this beginner Cricut tutorial and the hair clips made from it:
- Make the hair clips with the kids to keep them busy and get their creative juices flowing.
- Make these Unicorn hair clips to sell on Etsy or at craft shows
- You can also make these Unicorn hair clips to give as gifts.
- The kids can also make and sell these clips for a fundraiser or just to earn some cash.
With that, we have reached the end of the beginner tutorial where I shared with you a very fun beginner friendly Cricut project which is DIY Unicorn hair clips.
If you found this tutorial helpful, make sure you pin it and share it in your fav Facebook group!
If you have any special requests or questions, just drop me a comment below. I’ll get back to you ASAP. xx
-Jav the Ninja